Friday, May 2, 2014

Dear American Church - Get On Your Knees!



I'm becoming more n more convinced that if the American "Church" knew our true plight....what was at hand? We'd be having moments very much like our Lord in the garden praying "Father, if there be any other way."

I am absolutely confident that Jesus IS coming Soon and that He will call those who are His to "COME UP HERE" but in the mean time, I believe we are going to be very tempted to "think not" because Jesus said He would come "at an hour you think not" And I don't believe that is a time we are thinking about traffic or ball games and just not thinking of His return but at an hour we begin to doubt and think He really might not be coming back.

"As it was in the days of Lot, so shall it be." Lot's family was surrounded and vexed and if you would have told them they were about to be evacuated to safety, I'm sure based on what was staring them in the face, they would have been thinking NOT.

When it seems Jesus has stopped being the Santa Claus that so many have preached will we having done all to stand ...stand?

Jesus had just performed a miracle and His fame was growing and a huge crowd was following Him for their perception of what Jesus could “do for them.” He stands up and says “unless you eat of my flesh and drink of my blood, you have no life in you.” The Bible records “that many left Jesus and followed him no more.” Jesus then turned to the remaining disciples and asked “aren’t you going to leave me too?” Peter answered with an answer we all need ingrained deep, “where else can we go Lord, You alone have eternal life.”

The great news for those who are His!

“He who began a good work in you will complete it.”


2 comments:

  1. I love this scripture! Ironically, when I first read it many years ago, I would remember its location because it is near John 6:66! I also love the scripture when Yeshua asks Peter, "Who do YOU say that I am?" Peter replies, "Thou art The Christ, The Son of The Living God!" I hold on to these two scriptures during times of doubt.

    ReplyDelete